Thursday, September 22, 2011

Christmas CASE

This is a CASE from a card I first saw on Stampin' Connection.  I've since seen it virtually everywhere.  It is such a clean and simple, yet gorgeous card, I couldn't resist.  This stamp set lends itself beautifully to layering one sentiment on top of another.  Both of the bigger stamps in the set look wonderful on top of the star.  For those of you who don't already own the set, the star is filled with the lyrics of "Joy to the World".  Okay...to the nitty gritty...I stamped the star in Crumb Cake and then embossed the "Joy" in Cherry Cobbler.  The embossed portion at the bottom is done by painting the embossing folder (very gently) with champagne shimmer paint.  The effect is not apparent in the picture, but in person, it is just beautiful.  The two Very Vanilla pieces are divided with a piece of Cherry Cobbler punched out and then covered up with the NEW quilted ribbon.  Ahh!  I just love the way it adds such elegance to the card.  I hope you enjoy the card (if you haven't already seen a version of it elsewhere)  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment